· Herschel Walker admits to writing $700 check but denies it was for abortion
· The Georgia Republican candidate for the Senate claims he has ‘no idea’ what the money was used for
· Confronted on Sunday with receipts that appear to prove he paid for the abortion of a woman he once dated
· staunch anti-abortionist Herschel Walker – Georgia’s Republican candidate for the US Senate – had a ready response: “It’s a lie.”
· Walker is competing for a Senate seat considered pivotal to determining which party controls the chamber in the 8 November midterms.
· Herschel Walker campaign has spent weeks under fire after reports emerged earlier this month.
· Herschel Walker – who has publicly argued that abortion should be illegal nationwide without exceptions – sent the unnamed woman money to end her pregnancy.
· Herschel Walker was presented with an image of a check for $700 written in 2009, to which he responded, “Yes, that’s my check.”
· Herschel Walker disputed that its purpose was to pay for the termination of the woman’s pregnancy.
· He maintained his denial even after NBC showed him a receipt from the clinic where the woman