– Earnings of $3.32 per share vs. $5.48 estimate of analysts surveyed by Refinitiv
– Revenue of $10.59 billion vs. $10.83 billion estimate
– Shares of the New York-based bank dipped 2.4% in premarket trading.
– Goldman Sachs on Tuesday posted its largest earnings miss in a decade amid steep declines in investment banking
And asset management revenue.
· The bank said quarterly profit plunged 66% from a year earlier to $1.33 billion, or $3.32 per share, about 39% below the consensus estimate.
That made for the largest EPS miss since Oct. 2011, according to Refinitiv data.
· Revenue held up better at $10.59 billion, down 16% from a year earlier and edging out the estimate.
· Shares of the New York-based bank dipped 2.4% in premarket trading.
· “Widely expected to be awful, Goldman Sachs’ Q4 results were even more miserable than anticipated,”
· Octavio Marenzi, CEO of Wall Street consultancy Opimas, said in an email.