Don't believe for one second that Warren Buffett doesn't think about dividends.
· In his latest letter to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) shareholders,
· Warren Buffett mentioned that the company received $785 million in dividends from just one stock in 2021 (it was Apple).
· Buffett's recent buys for Berkshire's portfolio also hints that dividends might have been on his mind.
· In the third quarter of 2022, he purchased eight stocks. Seven of them pay dividends.
· A few of them offer dividends that are quite attractive.
· Buffett just bought these three dividend stocks with yields of over 3%.
1. Paramount Global
· Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA) stands out as Buffett's only high-yield purchase in the third quarter. The media company's dividend yield currently tops 5.1%.
2. Jefferies Financial Group
· Buffett has long been a fan of bank stocks. Jefferies focuses only on investment banking and doesn't have a commercial banking unit. But it offers a dividend that rivals the big boys with a yield of more than 3.2%.
· It wasn't surprising whatsoever that Buffett added to his position in Chevron (NYSE: CVX) in the third quarter. The oil and gas giant is Berkshire's third-largest holding, including shares owned by its New England Asset Management subsidiary.
· Chevron's dividend yield of 3.1% is lower than it's been throughout much of the past 10 years.