Now you can make the online payment by using Whatsapp. This Whatsapp Pay features is only available in India. In the present time the beta mode of Whatsapp pay is available for selected Android smartphones and iPhones user in India.
In this the payment is done through Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is another payment interface where the user bank account is linked and has a separate UPI PIN to process the transaction.
In order to make the payment the user will have to feed the PIN number and give either the receiver`s UPI ID or mobile number, if linked. The UPI to UPI transaction will enable direct transfer of funds to the receiver’s bank account.
4 step process to make payment through WhatsApp Pay:
Selection of Payment option:
In the very first step the Android user have to tap the “Attach” button and look for the option saying “Payment”. In case of iOS tap the option saying “Plus” sign and look for payment option.
Select Payment Option:
In this step “payment option” is available on individuals chat screens. Through this option you can also send money to specific user on a group chat forum.
Once the payment option is selecting, you have to enter the required amount which you need to transfer and enter your UPI PIN. Once the UPI PIN is entered accept to send the payment to the receiver.
In order to make the success payment the receiver must be also having WhatsApp Pay feature. In case the user is not having this feature the payment would be failed.
List of setting for successful payment through WhatsApp:
- In the first step WhatsApp user have to select “Setting” option and click “Payments” option.
- In the second step user have to add certain details of Payment stage like your bank account number and other information related to bank account.
- Once you are done with above mention steps you have to accept the “Terms & Conditions. Now you have to verify your phone number vis SMS.
- To verify you need to enter the phone number which is linked with your bank account.
- After this, WhatsApp will show banks linked with UPI. If you are a UPI user, then you’ll be required to select that bank account and in case you do not use UPI, you will be required to set it up.
- After setting up the UPI, you will need to enter the last six digits of your debit card number and the expiry date to create a Virtual Payee Address (VPA).